Q: Where can I sign up to be notified of bid opportunities with the City of Georgetown?
Q: How can I schedule a meeting with someone in the purchasing office?
- A: Suppliers are requested to schedule an appointment to visit a member of the staff by calling 512-930-8141 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: What are your office hours?
- A: The Purchasing Department is open from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm central standard time, Monday through Friday. The City of Georgetown Holiday Schedule can be found here.
Q: Where can I find a list of the City of Georgetown bids and the dates that they are bid?
- A: The most current list of bids can be found on the Current Bid Opportunities section of our Bid Information Page.
Q: Where is the City of Georgetown warehouse and what are the receiving hours?
- A: It is located at the Municipal Complex, 300-1 Industrial Avenue, which is on the corner of Leander Road (Hwy. 1460) and Industrial Avenue. The receiving hours are 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
Q: Where does the City of Georgetown advertise their bids?
- A: The City of Georgetown is required by statute to advertise 2 times within a 2 week period in the local newspaper, which is the Williamson County Sun. For greater coverage, we will occasionally advertise in the Austin American Statesman. The most current list of bids can also be found on the Current Bid Opportunities section of our Bid Information page.
Q: Does the city award contracts to HUBs or other certified firms?
- A: The City of Georgetown seeks participation from Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUBs) for most purchases over $3,000. Information about the HUB program can be found on the State of Texas Comptroller’s website at https://comptroller.texas.gov/purchasing/vendor/hub/.
Q: Where can I find information about surplus auctions for the City of Georgetown?
- A: The city now bids out all surplus via the following website http://www.txauction.com.